Information about COVID-19
Related to COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2), the Republic of Korea has quarantine and hygiene rules.
You can see the quarantine information from several airlines that have flights to Korea, e.g., Korean Air.
For the information, please visit the webpage of the airline and Korean Embassy of departing countries.
Information from Korean Air
Procedure to enter the Republic of Korea
- Before departure
- Get a NEGATIVE certificate from the COVID test
- PCR Test prior to 48 hours of your flight
- or Rapid Antigen Test prior to 24 hours of your flight)
- You need to show the test result at the check-in desk of your departing flight.
- Apply Q-Code System.
You have to upload
- PDF/image file of the result of the PCR/Rapid Antigen Test result
- Certification of vaccination (if you are fully vaccinated)
- e-ticket of your flight
- You will receive a QR code which you need to show after arriving.
- Reserve arrival PCR Test (at Incheon Airport)
- You can make a reservation here.
- Please consider which terminal (T1/T2) you will arrive at. (information)
- It should be done at least 1 day before the arrival day. (NO SAME-DAY RESERVATION)
- After arrival
- Show the QR Code from the Q-Code System to a Quarantine Officer at Incheon Airport.
- Take a PCR Test at the Covid-19 Test Center.
- You can see the information here.
- Take a domestic transport to Busan. (information)
- At Busan
- Keep staying at your hotel until receiving a NEGATIVE result (via e-mail).
- If POSITIVE, you should be under quarantine at your hotel.
Quarantine when arriving in the Republic of Korea
- All passengers except the following conditions must have 7 days of mandatory quarantine.
- Fully Vaccinated Passengers
- Passengers who have an Exemption Quarantine Certificate
If you are full-vaccinated with vaccine WHO urgently approved vaccine(*) , you can apply for waiving quarantine when you enter the Republic of Korea. (Applied for foreigners who entered after 01 April 2022)
Waiving Quarantine of Fully Vaccinated Passenger
- You should be a “Fully-Vaccinated Person” with the WHO-approved vaccines.
For more info (definition of “Fully-Vaccinated Person”)
- You should apply the Q-Code system before taking your flight to Korea.
For more info,
- Submit a form before your first flight (you need to upload the result of the PCR test).
For more info (Embassy in Ireland)
For more information, please, check the COVID-19 notice from the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in your country.
Upgrade Your Participation from Online to Offline
According to the new regulation about quarantine, we expect that more participants would like to attend the conference offline by visiting Korea. Hence, we modify the present registration policies to upgrade the registration type from online to offline.
You can have more information on this webpage.
Rule of Exemption of Mandatory Quarantine for Vaccinated Passengers
Fully-Vaccinated Persons can have an exemption from mandatory quarantine.
Following are the definitions of “Fully-Vaccinated Person”.
- Between 14 days and 180 days after the last shot of the full vaccination in WHO EUL.
(Mix-and-match can be accepted; If req. # of shots for full vaccination > 1)
- Vaccine shots in WHO EUL with the required numbers for full vaccination.
- Additional Shot or Recovery Certificate
(Mix-and-match can be accepted.)
After entering Korea, you should have a PCR test within 3 days after entry. If not, the exemption will expire, and each passenger should pay it.
WHO EUL(Emergency Use Listing) about Vaccine for COVID-19
||Req. # of Shots for
||Serum Research Institute of India
||Serum Research Institute of India